[tor-relays] Re-Install Tor on raspberry, keep torrc and fingerprint

Volker Mink volker.mink at gmx.de
Thu Feb 4 21:44:50 UTC 2016

Hello there.

I recently updated my Raspberry to the Jessie-Release. During this procedure
TOR updated to 0.2.7.x (?).
Now I have the problem that TOR is running as a new process and I cannot
access it via ARM.

Everytime I start ARM, any user, it show the "Menu" where I can choose as
what the TOR should work. I say "last config".

In the status screen it says:

22:32:37 [ARM_WARN] Connection refused. Is the ControlPort enabled?

arm - raspberrypi (Linux 4.1.13+)

Tor Disconnected (press r to reconnect)

On page 4:

page 4 / 5 - m: menu, p: pause, h: page help, q: quit

Tor Configuration File:

1 ### Unable to load the torrc ###

====

What to do? For me it looks the best to remove TOR completely and reinstall
it clean. But how to keep my Fingerprint and the Stats?
Or anyone has a idea how to fix this. Im not so deep into linux to fix this
error.

https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/E20FF09A9A800B16C1C7C16E8C0DF95F46F649
B0

Anyone can help me?