[tor-relays] Ops request: Deploy OpenVPN terminators

Anthony Martin ality at pbrane.org
Tue May 27 17:33:21 UTC 2014

Jeroen Massar <jeroen at massar.ch> once said:
> Even though you are guessing that other people, who operate a site,
> don't make a "balanced and thoughtful decision", it is not for you to
> attempt to circumvent that decision.
>
> That is like saying "they should not have connected it to the network at
> all if they did not want me to access it" or "hey look the space shuttle
> designs, they should not have allowed me to exploit that hole to get
> access to it".
>
> If an operator does not want you on their site, do not circumvent it. It
> will only cause more problems for other people who are allowed access to it.

By this logic, support for pluggable transports should be removed.
Surely if a country or ISP doesn't want Tor users on their network
we shouldn't try to circumvent their blocks, right?

I don't buy it.

I'm glad that people are thinking about censorship resistance for
both ends of a Tor circuit.

  Anthony