[tor-relays] Setting up AWS cloud-relay - don't reserve expensive storage!

Dan Rogers dan at holdingitwrong.com
Mon Mar 31 09:36:35 UTC 2014

Hey Nick,

Is there a particular reason you want to use AWS?

Unless you are still on the free tier, I think you could find far a more
economical VPS provider. I currently run a tor relay for 5 euros a month
using http://www.edis.at/en/home/.

http://lowendbox.com/ is a good resource to find cheap VPS providers.

Cheers!

Dan

On 2014-03-30 17:34, Nick Sheppard wrote:

> On 30/03/14 17:02, Runa A. Sandvik wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Nick Sheppard <nshep at attglobal.net> wrote: Hi Runa (and AWS users), Hi Nick, Did we ever get to the bottom of the default storage/AMI copying issue? I'd like to have another go at setting up a Tor relay on AWS eu-west-1. I haven't had the time to look into this, unfortunately. If you want an eu-west-1 bridge, then you can set up an Ubuntu instance and follow the steps in the ec2-prep.sh [1] script to turn it into a Tor Cloud bridge. [1]: https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor-cloud.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/ec2-prep.sh [1]

Many thanks!

Nick

Dan Rogers
+44 7539 552349
skype: dan.j.rogers
gpg key [3]
linkedin [4] | songkick [5] | twitter [6] | spotify [7] | music [8]

Links:
------
[3] https://secure.techwang.com/gpg/public_key.txt
[4] http://www.linkedin.com/in/danrogerslondon