[tor-relays] Relay Seccurity

Tomas Sironi sironitomas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 01:19:21 UTC 2011

Hi people. I'm new with Tor and i'm very interested in this project.

I'm now being a relay, only acting as middleman (no exits). I would like to
contribute more by having some services as exit.
However i'm concerned about security. The machine i'm running as a relay is
a pc in my home. From it, i have access to my router's web interface. The
problem if i act as a exit for the port 80, would be that anyone can log
into (or try to) my home router just by pointing to its ip address. Am i
right?

I've thought about using iptables to block outgoing connection from the
relay to my router using

iptables -A OUTPUT -d 192.168.15.1 -j DROP

Not sure that's the correct line to do that. It blocks ping requests but i
still can access the web interface of my router from that pc. Can anyone
help me here?

Thanks.