[tor-relays] relaytorkiri

Steve Snyder swsnyder at snydernet.net
Fri Dec 30 01:04:39 UTC 2011

On 12/29/2011 05:32 PM, Sebastian Urbach wrote:
> Am Thu, 29 Dec 2011 12:20:16 -0500
> schrieb Nick Walke<tubaguy50035 at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I'm showing that tor is currently using 12 - 14 Mbps on my relay,
>> however, the status page for my relay (
>> http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=192bdf2831c1b007a08dc3c1d7e36be16b5cf1c6
>> )
>> does not reflect this speed.  Is there a reason for this?
>
> Blutmagie is using an old version of the tor status software (3.6
> something).
>
> Try instead torstatus.all.de which uses the actual tor status v4. Here
> is the url for your relay and the numbers are matching with yours:

I've got little faith in either status page.  I really don't know where
those numbers come from.

For example, my relay named "Alexander".  Blutmagie says it has an
observed bandwidth of 7KB/sec, while torstatus.all.de says it is 70KB
(yes, seven vs. seventy).  Both of those values sound wrong to me.

But torstatus.all.de is closer to what I think is the truth.  Then I
look at the graphics for this relay, and again I do not believe it.  The
Write History values are 15 to 20 times greater than the Read History?!

I won't trust these status pages until they show numbers that I (or
they) can explain.

https://torstatus.all.de/router_detail.php?FP=8a029c96b97a30f153eb1c951ef23d3f0d61cdd1