[tor-project] Rhatto's Monthly Status Report, January 2024

rhatto rhatto at torproject.org
Fri Feb 2 16:59:12 UTC 2024

Hi all :)

This is my monthly status report for January 2024 with the main relevant
activities I have done during the period.

## 0. Research

* Minor research activities related to The Onion Plan:
  https://tpo.pages.torproject.net/onion-services/onionplan/

## 1. Development

### Onionspray

* Worked on Onionspray, a new Onion Services rewriting proxy based on EOTK:
  https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/onionspray

  Details in an upcoming release/announcement message.

### Onionbalance

* Improved the sketch design for implementing PoW:
  https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/onionbalance/-/issues/13#note_2986119

* Organized tasks into milestones:
  * 0.2.3: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/onionbalance/-/milestones/1
  * 0.3.0: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/onionbalance/-/milestones/2

## 2. Support

* Ongoing sponsored work with deployment, maintenance and monitoring of Onion
  Services.

* Did some support related to setting up Onion Services.

## 3. Organization

Time spent (from the total available for Tor-related work):

--
Silvio Rhatto
pronouns he/him