[tor-project] Nina’s Monthly Status Report: August 2023

Nina nina13 at riseup.net
Tue Sep 5 12:12:43 UTC 2023

Hi! This is my August'23 report!

In August, I resolved 1164 tickets:
On Telegram (@TorProjectSupportBot) - 496
On RT (frontdesk at tpo) - 650
On WhatsApp (+447421000612) - 11
and on Signal (+17787431312) - 7.

Main lines of my work remain the same:
    1. Helping Russian-speaking users download and install the Tor
Browser and then resolve any issues with connecting to the Tornetwork.
    2. Helping in censorship circumvention
    3. Collectinguserfeedback.
The most common issues I noticed during this month are:
    1. Antivirus software interrupts the TB work
    2. Tor for iOS - Users now need to install Onion Browser + Orbot app
on their devices
    3. The Tor error:"[WARN] Pluggable Transport process terminated with
status code 0", which often occurs in the regions with severe internet
censorship.

I've also submitted a small bug found in TBA Alpha.[1]

[1]
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/42038