[tor-project] PieroV's Monthly Status Report, August 2023

Pier Angelo Vendrame pierov at torproject.org
Mon Sep 4 08:28:36 UTC 2023

Hi everyone!
Here is my status report for August 2023.

At the beginning of the month, I continued with Tor Browser's Tor
integration refactor.
The latest merge request [0] should be close to the final form I would
like to have.
Apart from that, I worked on some Firefox code audits, such as
pingsender2 [1] and the API to save PDFs from pdf.js on Android [2].
I also investigated an issue about the favicon "supercookie" [3] and
possible subpixel leaks from resolution media queries [4].
During the month, I also helped with rebases and releases.

At the end of the month, I started working on changes to allow
system-wide installations of Mullvad Browser. I plan to continue from
there these days and to fix the default browser functionality.

We are getting closer and closer to the release date for Tor Browser
13.0. So, please consider doing some alpha testing, especially if you do
not use a "standard" setup (e.g., system tor daemon, etc.).
Thank you very much!

Pier

[0]
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/merge_requests/721