[tor-project] PieroV's Monthly Status Report, September 2023

Pier Angelo Vendrame pierov at torproject.org
Mon Oct 2 08:04:50 UTC 2023

Hi everyone!
Here is my status report for September 2023.

This month, I continued working on the refactoring of the Tor
integration in Tor Browser and finally merged the merge requested with
the biggest changes [0]. During the month, I also fixed some bugs it
caused and improved the compatibility with the external Tor daemons.

Then, I worked on some audits for the 102 to 115 transition. In
particular, I reviewed our profiles [1].
Some other tasks included swapping a few branding assets, such as the
About dialog wordmark and the Windows installer icons.
I also fixed the reproducibility bug with generated headers on Windows
[2] and upstreamed the patch to Firefox.

During September, we had two emergency releases. I helped with the
stable channel: I prepared and built both 12.5.4 and 12.5.6. For 13.0a4,
I only rebased it on top of Firefox 115.2.1.

Finally, I worked on enabling system-wide installs for Mullvad Browser.
However, it's a work in progress as it requires some non-trivial changes
to the updater.

Best,
Pier

[0]