[tor-project] GSoC'23 Project : eRPC (An efficient Relay Partition Checker) (Project Introduction and 3 Weeks Project Report)

Rishad Baniya rbdroid01 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 21:11:29 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,
I hope you are doing well. My name's Rishad Baniya, a GSoC'23 selected
mentee for the project "eRPC (An efficient Relay Partition Checker)", which
aims to be a flexible application that checks for relay partitioning. It
aims to be very configurable relay partition checker in things such as
selecting the relays, controlling the application during runtime, pausing
the scanner on demand and resuming it on demand .etc

I should've sent this email the day I started working on the project i.e 3
weeks ago, but I totally got distracted from this part, i'm really sorry
for that. Currently, I'm writing this email to introduce myself and the
project that I'm working on.

Project Repo : https://gitlab.torproject.org/rishadbaniya/erpc

I've attached a brief report trying to explain how the project structure is
and how it's going on currently.

It would be great to hear your views on how a partition checking tool
should behave, how scanning should be done and what kind of configurable
options it should provide.

With Regards,
Rishad Baniya