[tor-project] Nina's report, May 2023

Nina nina13 at riseup.net
Tue Jun 6 16:50:05 UTC 2023

Hi! This is my May 2023 report!

In May, I resolved 722 tickets:

On Telegram (@TorProjectSupportBot) - 501
On RT (frontdesk at tpo) - 200
Additionally, I also resolved some tickets on WhatsApp (+447421000612)
and Signal (+17787431312) - 21.

My three main directions of activity are:
   - helping users with censorship circumvention - sharing bridges,
explaining other ways to connect to Tor;
   - getting users' feedback about what worked for them, what was their
interaction with our services, what is their experience with censorship
circumvention;
   - troubleshooting. The common issues here are using VPNs and
bridges simultaneously, incorrect usage of bridges, Tor Browser and
anti-viruses, Tor for iOS.

The issue that popped up in May is OPPO phones and the "Proxy server
refused connection" bug [1]

[1]
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/41289