[tor-project] Nina’s Monthly Status Report, July 2023

Nina nina at torproject.org
Thu Aug 3 15:45:43 UTC 2023

Hi! This is my July 2023 report!

In July, I resolved 1080 tickets:
On Telegram (@TorProjectSupportBot) - 786
On RT (frontdesk at tpo) - 276
Additionally, I resolved 13 tickets on WhatsApp (+447421000612)
and 5 on Signal (+17787431312).

Most of the tickets I deal with are related to censorship circumvention
in Russian-speaking countries - bridges and troubleshooting around them.
I also gathered user feedback on what worked for them and what did not
prove helpful.

In July, I noticed atrendinusersfrom Russian-speaking countries
touselittle-t-tor on Windows by adding bridges directly in torrc, mostly
obfs4 and meek.We believe they are using little-t-tor to proxy other
applications in their operating systems.So I spent some time gathering
best practices to share with users.

This month we started testing the new, WebTunnel bridge[1], so I
prepared templates for our support channels, added them, and started
gathering users' feedback.

This month I devoted significant time to editing support templates to
keep them relevantand up-to-date.

I continued working on Conjure feedback, gathering logs and discussing
with users their experience with this type of pluggable transport.

[1] https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/community/team/-/issues/94