[tor-project] Another OnionPerf instance (was: Decommissioning siv.sunet.se)

Iain Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Wed Nov 21 10:34:55 UTC 2018

Hi Linus,

On 21/11/18 09:43, Linus Nordberg wrote:
> Running an OnionPerf instance on Sunet space is something that I've had
> on my list for ages and I'm sorry that it's been ignored for so
> long. Seems like I can't find my notes on what that'd require in terms
> of CPU, RAM, storage, expected amount and type of traffic. Can you help?

Awesome!

Our VMs one CPU core with 2GB of RAM. This seems to work well.

It transmits about 173 MiB and receives 193 MiB for a total of 366 MiB
daily, on average. There were a few days in these measurements when it
was down, so these estimates might be skewed a bit lower than what you
should expect.

Thanks,
Iain.