[tor-project] Decommissioning siv.sunet.se

juga juga at riseup.net
Wed Dec 5 09:53:00 UTC 2018

Hi Vasilis,

Vasilis:
> Hi,
>
> I have deployed a sbws instance that be found on the following URL:
> https://sbws.lavafeld.org/sbws.bin
>
> It runs on a dedicated hardware with sufficient enough resources to handle a
> bunch of connections and load.
>
> I also made an ansible role that deploys sbws running as a user and uses Caddy
> as its webserver, the role can be found here:
> https://github.com/anadahz/sbws-ansible

Thanks for this work.
The ansible role can be useful for installing test servers.
The recommended way to install sbws to be used by a directory authority
is the Debian package [0].
That was the decision after discussing it months ago in IRC #tor-dev, in
trac.tpo tickets and with the directory authorities.
sbws is already being used by a directory authority, but we think it's
still not ready to be deployed in more directory authorities.

juga.

[0] https://sbws.readthedocs.io/en/latest/INSTALL.html