[tor-project] [important] Trac usage and alternatives survey

Peter Palfrader weasel at torproject.org
Wed Mar 8 10:37:53 UTC 2017

On Thu, 02 Mar 2017, Silvia [Hiro] wrote:

> The idea of the survey is to identify what we actually need from a
> ticketing/wiki tool and eventually identify a solution that has all
> that we want (or that we can work with).

I forgot to put that on the original survey answer, but something I
use extensively is this:

o Define my own, personal queries and reports, and have all their
  results show up on a (personal) page that I look at.
    https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/user/weasel

Also, it'd be nice to have a ticket/issue state that does what RT's
stalled does.  /Stalled/ is a state that a ticket can be in, and any
future action (in particular a reply) by any person moves it back into
its previous state (or maybe just Open).

In most bug overviews one would hide stalled tickets.  The idea being
that things that aren't actionable until you get some more input from
the user should be set to stalled when you request that info.  Until
you then get that info, there's no point in having the ticket clutter up
your overview.  (We might also be able to get that with trac, if we
configure the workflow just right.)

Cheers,
--
                            |  .''`.       ** Debian **
      Peter Palfrader       | : :' :      The  universal
 https://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System