[tor-project] GSoC 2017 - Crash Reporter for Tor Browser: Report #4

Nur-Magomed nmagoru at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 16:05:43 UTC 2017

Hi everyone!

This is my bi-week status report for GSoC project "Crash Reporter for Tor
Browser".

# The work was focused on Crash Reporter server side:
- we took Mini-Breakpad-Server (MBS) [1] instead of Socorro: there were
problems with setting up Socorro and we decided to make work version with
MBS;
- splitted it into 2 services [2]: MBS-Submit (to get reports that's sent
by Crash Reporter client) and MBS-View (to view gotten reports).

# What's next

We plan consider carefully Crash Reporter data fields (that sends) and
making reproducebly build TorBrowser with enabled Crash Reporter.

Kind regards,
Nur-Magomed

[1] https://github.com/electron/mini-breakpad-server
[2]