[tor-project] Expanding our people page

Felipe Dau dau at riseup.net
Fri Jul 14 03:53:35 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 11:00:01AM -0700, Damian Johnson wrote:
> Hi everyone! If you haven't already please check your pgp key on...
>
>   https://www.torproject.org/about/corepeople_alternate.html.en
>
> The one I initially pulled from the MIT keyserver for Roger turned out
> to be a fake. For folks who sent me an attachment with their public
> key I used that, but for everybody else I simply snagged what I could
> find. Feel free to shoot me a copy of your public key if you want to
> be extra sure it's right.

Maybe not too related to this, but it would be great if a similar work
was done to the "Verify package signatures" [0] and "Signing keys" [1]
pages. Making some integration to db.torproject.org may be too much
work, but just reviewing those and using long key ids would be nice.

Among the short key ids in [1] is Roger's and that makes it easy for
people to get the fake one by distraction.

P.S. Great work on the people page, Damian!

Thanks,
-Felipe

[0]: https://www.torproject.org/docs/verifying-signatures.html.en
[1]: https://www.torproject.org/docs/signing-keys.html.en