[tor-project] NYC meetup notes

Vasilis andz at torproject.org
Sat Dec 9 14:35:00 UTC 2017

Hello,

George:
> Posting to tor-project@ as recommended:
>

> Greetings all.
>
> Just a quick note on the NYC event focused on running relays.

[snip]

> Input from others onlist encouraged. This is a more general issue
> everyone can brain dump into.

Great stuff, sounds like you had some fun there!

May I suggest you to upload notes, presentation slides or other material
to Trac?

Personally I will be interested in the *BSD and hardware diversity
discussions but also on the topic "running relays from home" as these
topics are always popping during meetups.

On the last meetup in Chile a person was asking how one can setup a
relay in a Windows OS (don't remember with version). I mentioned that
this is not such a good idea but since I'm not acquainted with this OS
perhaps I should have mentioned something else.

The team from the "south" (whatever this means) tries hard to use a
table listing from most of the events happened in the region
(https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/CommunityTeam/Projects/GlobalSouth#Events).
This helps us in finding out previous events that are interesting to
Tor, gather notes, presentation slides or other materials and most
importantly provides an incentive for people to do the same in their
area as quite often these events tends to also connect people living in
the same city/area.

Cheers,
~Vasilis