[tor-project] Fwd: Launching Ethics Guidelines

Virgil Griffith i at virgil.gr
Fri May 6 04:53:39 UTC 2016

I've received conflicting accounts as to whether the  ethics guidelines
require onionsites are to be opt-in [no spec yet?] or the current opt-out
[i.e., /robots.txt].

Any clarification on this point would be very helpful for the various
tor2web services which currently use the current /robots.txt method.

FWIW, when Aaron and I designed tor2web, we chose the unusual subdomain URL
format explicitly so that /robots.txt would work.

-V