[tor-project] Measuring Tor's impact in the world?

Isabela isabela at riseup.net
Fri Apr 29 18:27:37 UTC 2016

:)
first, thanks for all excitement that was a lot of cool stuff in your
email and I do want mobile data and getting people who are tracking
events involved would be super uper!
there will be a follow up from this discussion so we can actually
execute this idea. now i am mostly collecting data from y'all ;)

On 04/29/2016 11:02 AM, Nathan Freitas wrote:
>> > Or maybe someone knows how I could automate such a thing :) (api
>> > somewhere?)
> Unfortunately, I don't think this can be automated, but at the same
> time, I think just showing a few important, meaningful correlations per
> year would have a big impact.

here is an idea of automation:

I have a dashboard where i can tune the different graphs of data points
that will help me tell the story.

Instead of going to the web page for metrics of direct connected users,
then the one for bridges.. like I did, if i had the two in the same
window would already automate the monkey job behind that google doc :)

imagine more data points in this dashboard. maybe i can see a rss feed
of reports from citizen lab on global events ? so I know where and when
to look at if I want to check if there is a story on tor network related
to this event.

--
PM at TorProject.org
gpg fingerprint = 8F2A F9B6 D4A1 4D03 FDF1  B298 3224 4994 1506 4C7B