[tor-packagers] Upcoming security releases on August 16th, 2021

David Goulet dgoulet at torproject.org
Wed Aug 11 17:00:45 UTC 2021

Greetings everyone!

Before going further, I'm David, part of the Tor network team and I'll be
replacing Nick on these announcements for the foreseeable future! Now onto the
announcement.

We have very recently fixed an important security issue and we are thus
quickly rolling out new stable releases on August 16th that is in 5 days.

As per our security policy [0], this issue is considered "HIGH" causing a
remote crash on possibly all tor instances (client, service, relay). We will
share more details after the release.

The new releases will be 0.3.5.16, 0.4.5.10 and 0.4.6.7. We are tracking this
issue as TROVE-2021-007 which is listed in our registry here[1].

Cheers!
David

[0] https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/team/-/wikis/NetworkTeam/SecurityPolicy
[1] https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/team/-/wikis/NetworkTeam/TROVE

--
6R0521l0PHqj/fg0IVJdNhe4W/n1xY+FxzKcOkn37rQ=