[tor-onions] Disabling "subdomains"

Alec Muffett alec.muffett at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 11:59:47 UTC 2023

Unless there is some new feature in the Tor demon to deep inspect new
connections, all of the subdomain functionality happens at the HTTP level
and so you will need to block that at your reverse proxy..

Connections over Tor are analogous to TCP connections, and the subdomains
are ignored.  For more on how this works, here's a video I did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pebRZyg_bh8

... I would recommend that you start at about 11:40.

- Alec