[tor-mirrors] Connection refused when rsync'ing against rsync.torproject.org

Dan Thill dgt at acm.org
Sat Oct 25 03:47:08 UTC 2014

> just a heads up...
>
> after the recent changes to how mirrors operate, i updated my script
> that rsync's against rsync.torproject.org.
>
> the last three times it has ran (four hours apart), i've received the
> below error message from cron.
>
> it would appear that the error is due to connections to 873/tcp being
> refused:
>
> $ telnet rsync.torproject.org rsync
> Trying 38.229.72.16...
> telnet: connect to address 38.229.72.16: Connection refused
>
> /chl

I updated the day the change was made and had no problems until the last
18 hours.  For what it's worth, here's my error messages:

rsync: failed to connect to rsync.torproject.org
(2620:0:6b0:b:1a1a:0:26e5:4810): Connection refused (111)
rsync: failed to connect to rsync.torproject.org (38.229.72.16):
Connection refused (111)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
[Receiver=3.0.9]