[tor-mirrors] Creep.im

Thwarth Wrhalthssen wrhalthssen at ya.ru
Thu May 30 12:01:00 UTC 2013

Hello, Andrew,

looks like you offer me to inspect the /update-mirrors.pl/ script
myself. I am not a Perl programmer, but syntax looks easy and after a
little investigation I figured out what's going wrong when script
returns 'Unknown' status to certain mirrors (mine included).

Links to some mirrors in the script defined with a trailing slash and
some not. Those, which doesn't have a trailing slash, cannot provide a
correct timestamp, because the script trying to get for example this:

/http://creep.im//*/tor/project*/trace/www-master.torproject.org (looks
legit, eh?),

but in fact it have to get this:

/http://creep.im//*/tor//project*/trace/www-master.torproject.org

So, to fix things, just add a trailing slash to all the mirrors' links
or apply this quick and dirty fix to the line #45:

$url = "$url*/*$trace";

Some links will be doubleslashed therefore (//), but it's okay.

The next issue with a script is its refusal to update /rsync dist/
links. It just sets "-" to all the mirrors in the table. That's not
right. The fix is pretty easy too, just eliminate the typo at the line
#1188:

rsyncDistMirror*s* => "rsync", );

See a trailing "s"? The proper name of a variable is rsyncDistMirror.
So, just remove "s" and the issue will be resolved.

Hope this helps. Looking forward to your update. Best regards.