[tor-l10n] [global-south] (fr) Volontaires pour traduction en français

tor l10n team tor-l10n at lists.torproject.org
Wed Apr 7 17:50:43 UTC 2021

Hi emmappel,

The problem specified in the GilLab ticket is coming from improper
string reuse by the dev team. We know that string reuse is a risky
proposition at best, since if the use case changes, the translations may
change even if the English doesn’t. The fact that some languages will
use articles in most cases but not in others illustrates that problem.

The section titles on https://tb-manual.torproject.org/fr/ were starting
with articles, so it was consistent in that sense.
I went over that page again and removed them. Both the version with or
without articles are grammatically correct for that use case.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly for such problems.

Kind regards,

*AO*
French language coordinator | Localization Lab
localizationlab.org | transifex.com/organization/otf
5C8F 0C0C 4812 7771 365C 262D 47DC 6187 47A9 22D2