[community] Community Team Meeting Notes, 16 September 2019

gus gus at torproject.org
Mon Sep 16 19:11:20 UTC 2019

Hi,

here are our meeting notes:
http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-09-16-15.59.html

And here is our meeting pad:

Community team work meeting pad
-------------------------------

Next meeting: Monday September 23 16:00 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Monday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).

Meeting 2019-09-16

Presents:
    * Gus
    * Cy
    * nah
    * pili
    * clash
    * emmapeel
    * antonela
    * tgeek

== Updates ==

FORMAT!

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to
          community team work).
    Help with:
         - Something you may need help with.

Gus:
    This week:
        - DocsHackathon: finished to review DocsHackathon Pull Requests,
          we need to organize other steps:
            - Count all PRs and pontuation
            - Send email to all participants
            - public announcement
            - Send awards
        - Community Portal: Working on FAQ for security trainers
        - Support Portal: matching old FAQ and support portal questions
          - https://dip.torproject.org/web/support/issues/43
        - Funding meeting today
        - WWW: meeting this wednesday - 1600 UTC
        - S9:
            - Onboard partners in phase 3
        - Blog post about Global South trainings is mostly done and
          waiting to be published.
        - Did interview with Bitcoin magazine last friday.
        - Support: back to RT this week.

    Next week:
        - Global south IRC meeting - 27 SEP 2019, 1600 UTC

nah:
    This week:
        - working with gus in the FAQ for community and support portal
        - contacting participants for the Tor training next week at the
          UFRJ - in rio de janeiro/Brazil

            - coordinating with training/ur volunteers

    Next week:
        - tor training 101 in rio de janeiro
        - articulate new tor nodes w/ new volunteers at the university

clash:
    This week:
        - Going to try and submit PRs for issues on dip

cy:
    This week:
        - Talk at ABC Developers in Sao Paulo
        - Tor session proposal accepted in Mozfest
        - Start invitation to Global South meeting
    Next week:
        - Tor Global South meeting

Pili:
    This week:
        - Gave a talk on benefits of using Onion Services for APIs at
          API Days in Barcelona last week
        - Catching up after a week afk
        - Community Portal
        - S9
        - Help with wrapping up Docs Hackathon
    Next week:
        - Community Portal

emmapeel:
    - Last week:
        - more merges for the docshackathon
        - met some nerds in bcn talked about tor nodes
        - issues found by translators
    - This week:
        - code of conduct - publish translations
    Need help with:
        - https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/31583
          permissions for git repo

tgeek:
    - Last week:
        - Got final confirmation that I have a slot at the HCPP19
          conference
        - I'll be presending on Tor and how to create safe onion
          services

== Discussion ==

* Sponsor9: some people from other countries (beyond S9 scope) asked to
join our partnership program. - Sync meeting this week?

* Community Team mailing list moderation and moderators: added pili, arma

* Disable translation switch in community.tpo while we don't have
translations? Disabled until we have a string freeze.

* Should we add translations status in community team monthly reports?
Or it's UX? emma peel will send localization metrics, so we can add to
our monthly reports.

* International Translation Day - 30th September - help steph with blog
post and twitter buzz. Are there any particular campaigns we want to
run: Help us to translate our new Community portal.

* Docs Hackathon: I started this spreadsheet to count contributions:
  <https://nc.riseup.net/s/3TyR4XHDifBzAKJ>