[community] Journalists Training

Jens Kubieziel maillist at kubieziel.de
Fri Sep 8 09:47:51 UTC 2017

Hej Sukhbir,

* Sukhbir Singh schrieb am 2017-09-07 um 16:51 Uhr:
> As I have been discussing recently, we are conducting a Tor talk/digital
> security workshop for journalists in India in association with the Software

There is also the tor-reaches list which might be a good opportunity to
get feedback:

>     Duration
>         2 Hours 30 Minutes

From my experience I'd say that 2,5 hours is little for the range of
topics you want to cover. Usually I need around three hours to help
people in setting up GPG alone. ;)

So if you only have 2,5 hours I'd say that you either reduce the number
of things you want to cover or make more a lecture where you shows the
tools and give advice how to handle it in a secure way.

I don't know about the specific situation in India, but here in Germany
people use mainly mobile phones. So it might be a good idea to
concentrate on this issue. Talk about threats, OPSEC things and secure
communications.

Furthermore I often offer them to come to a second meeting with
questions that arose while using all this tools. My hope is that people
use it more sustainable and don't stop when a tool doesn't work like
expected.

--
Jens Kubieziel                                  https://www.kubieziel.de
Das, wobei unsere Berechnungen versagen, nennen wir Zufall.