[tor-announce] Tor Browser 13.0.8 (Windows, macOS, Linux)

Richard Pospesel richard at torproject.org
Thu Dec 21 14:13:09 UTC 2023

Hi everyone,

Tor Browser 13.0.8 has now been published for all desktop platforms. This is an emergency release specifically for
Windows 7 and 8 users to deal with crashing pluggable transports. For details please see our blog post:

- https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-1308/

Changelog:

> Tor Browser 13.0.8 - December 20 2023
>  * Windows
>    * Bug 41053: All PT's crash instantly in 13.0.7  [tor-browser-build]
>    * Bug 42179: PTs on Tor Browser 13 do not work with Windows 7 [tor-browser]
>  * Linux
>    * Bug 41050: Improve the disk leak sanitization on start-$browser [tor-browser-build]
>  * Build System
>    * All Platforms
>      * Bug 41042: Add options to include updates in the changelog scripts [tor-browser-build]
>      * Bug 41043: Create script to push build requests to Mullvad build servers [tor-browser-build]

best,
-richard