[tor-announce] New Release: Tor Browser 12.0.1 (Android, Windows, macOS, Linux)

Giorgio Maone ma1 at torproject.org
Sat Dec 17 14:11:43 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

Tor Browser 12.0.1 is now available from the Tor Browser download page
<https://www.torproject.org/download/> and also from our distribution
directory <https://dist.torproject.org/torbrowser/12.0.1/>.

This release updates Firefox to 102.6, including bug fixes, stability
improvements and important security updates
<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2022-52/>.

We've fixed a regression in our drag and drop protection, whose
hardening disrupted some interface interactions, and most notably
rearranging bookmarks by dragging them around.

We'd like to thank poncho for fixing another regression causing the
|TOR_SOCKS_IPC_PATH| environment variable to be ignored.

Blog post with changelog here
<https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-1201/>.

Have a nice weekend and a happy holiday season :)

--
ma1