[tbb-dev] reconsider shipping uBO or enabling ETP?

juanjo juanjo at avanix.es
Wed Jul 1 18:26:32 UTC 2020

I would vote for enabling Firefox's Enhanced Tracking Protection (ETP)
when they rebase Tor Browser to Firefox 78. This means not loading a new
extension and should be even faster.

Enabling basic (optional advanced) ETP blocking ads would make browsing
the clearnet faster for users and even could have Tor network impact as
in some websites the ads and tracking make them about 30% heavier and
slower. So if all TB users use this, the win could be for the network too.