[tbb-dev] sandboxed-tor-browser and TBB 7.5a5.

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Fri Sep 29 03:16:38 UTC 2017

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 03:11:54AM +0000, Yawning Angel wrote:
> So, 7.5a5 is newly broken with sandboxed-tor-browser, unless you're
> running git master (as of a few mins ago) due to

Thanks for the fix!

>  * I'm strongly tempted to drop support for the alpha channel, because
>    I run stable builds of the browser, so that's more likely to break
>    since it's a "install it when someone cries about it" thing for me.

Isn't this a nice success case for the alpha channel, where it found
a bug and now the bug is fixed?

I mean, I agree it would be smarter to have some sort of QA thing going
on before alpha releases too. But if the worry is "nobody tests stuff
before release", backing off so people only try the stable isn't going
to help the stable stay stable.

--Roger