[ooni-talk] OONI Taiwan is not a "Province" of China

Andri Effendi fusionman133 at gmx.de
Wed Nov 16 11:20:00 UTC 2016

Hi Arturo,
> We don’t maintain this information ourselves, so it wasn’t our choice
> how to label Taiwan.
> In this specific case we are using the following source for country
> names:
> It seems like they have “fixed” the issue with the incorrect
> labelling of Taiwan in
That's great news. At least the naming "Taiwan" is non-partisan.

> So sorry that this issue may have offended you or others.
All is forgiven and understood.

I have friends who are from Taiwan, and feel for them and others who are
often miss represented by the media and politics, that at least when it
comes to Academic Papers they would like to be recognized as Taiwanese,
and not a Province of China.

Kind Regards,
--
Andri Effendi <fusionman133 at gmx.de>
GPG fingerprint: 8438 138D ECDA 05E0 591F  F2B4 4721 0F03 AC24 DF73