[ooni-dev] Timeline of Tor blocking

Richard King richard at richardskingdom.net
Wed Feb 4 15:27:52 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Sadia Afrozwrote:
> Hi all, I am trying to make a list of events when different
> censorship regimes blocked Tor.

> Can any of you help me find dates of some of the events or direct me
> to other sources of information to find more events?

This tool could be of use to explore censorship by ISPs in the UK:

https://www.blocked.org.uk/

Disclosure: I coordinated the development of the tool.

Results for the Tor project website:

https://www.blocked.org.uk/results?url=http://torproject.org
https://www.blocked.org.uk/results?url=https://torproject.org

Note the difference between HTTP and HTTPS results. It could be an
artefact of the tool's imperfect measurements (e.g. failing to follow
redirects correctly) or it could be that UK censor-ware can be
circumvented trivially. (TLS FTW!)

Hope this helps

Richard.
--