[TWN team] Please review the 73rd issue of TWN before 2014-11-26 12:00 UTC

Harmony harmony01 at riseup.net
Wed Nov 26 12:59:18 UTC 2014

Roger Dingledine:
> The obfsproxy instructions page doesn't mention Vidalia, and it's likely
> quite hard to set up an obfsproxy bridge using Vidalia.
>
> Perhaps you meant the "Vidalia bridge bundle" on the download page?
> But that one is only a vanilla bridge (no pluggable transports included),
> and also I think nobody has any plans to update it ever again, so it
> might be unwise to point users to it.
>
> The simplest fix would I guess be to just remove this sentence, but
> maybe you had something else in mind?

Hi Roger,

Thank you and Karsten for reviewing all this.

I think the paragraph was intended to mean what you suggest. I have
expanded it to try and make that more explicit.

By the way, is there a reason Vidalia Relay/Bridge Bundles can still be
had from the website, if they are defunct? I think they are mostly
downloaded by people who assume they are for web browsing, then email
helpdesk asking what is going on. The 'Vidalia=Tor' belief seems to be
really strong.