[metrics-team] more bridges -> more bridge users?

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 03:59:47 UTC 2017

> On 19 Sep 2017, at 19:31, Karsten Loesing <karsten at torproject.org> wrote:

> If you have any other questions that
> the specification should answer, and that are not yet contained in this
> Q&A text file, please let us know:
>
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/metrics-web.git/tree/doc/users-q-and-a.txt

What if a user runs *more* than 1 tor client?
(For example, Tor Browser and Ricochet)

You could expand this answer:

> Q: Are these tor clients or users?  What if there's more than one user
> behind a tor client?
> A: Then we count those users as one.  We really count clients, but it's
> more intuitive for most people to think of users, that's why we say users
> and not clients.

How do you know that reporting small numbers of users per relay per
country is safe?
Do you round user statistics to a bin size?
Do you add noise to user statistics?

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n