[metrics-team] GetTor Metrics for Egypt?

Vasilis andz at torproject.org
Thu Dec 7 23:46:00 UTC 2017

Hi,

Ramy Raoof:
> How can we know if gettor is [not] down/running? and what to do if it didnt
> work?. I dropped a line asking Israel about it. Over last few hours we have
> been teaching new ppl to use it (in Yemen) and we didnt get any response to
> the emails sent.

In Tor we use Trac (https://trac.torproject.org) and open tickets to
report bugs/problems in software and services and helps a lot to
coordinate and work. I will suggest you to open a ticket about the
service as up to now only ilv and this list is aware of this problem
with the gettor service.

Also bear in mind that many of the services provided (such as gettor)
run on a volunteer basis and not all people maybe available immediately
(whatever this means from any person's time perspective).

If you don't want to create an account or if other people want to
contribute without registering a nickname you can use the multi-user
account `cypherpunks` with password `writecode`.
(https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/WikiStart#UnofficialDocumentation)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
~Vasilis
--
Fingerprint: 8FD5 CF5F 39FC 03EB B382 7470 5FBF 70B1 D126 0162
Pubkey: https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5FBF70B1D1260162