[metrics-team] roadmapping and tracking deliverables

isabela isabela at torproject.org
Tue Apr 18 20:58:19 UTC 2017

hello metrics team!

I know Karsten is on vacation, but I just want to make sure you also
receive this note and maybe we can catch up on it when Karsten is back.

As a result of organizing ourselves into teams and coordinate our
efforts towards similar goals (e.g. better support for mobile users).
Tor's Vegas teams are in need of better visibility of what each one is
doing and better coordination of deliverables/dependencies.

In order to achieve that, I am asking all Vegas teams to organize their
work in a roadmap (covering at least till the end of 2017).

Once that is done, I would like the team to identify possible
dependencies on other teams to get your work done.

Here are some roadmaps other teams have started:

Network
https://storm.torproject.org/shared/OUb00TinYTQhsLEpPjCdRQlr7IKiIdPVmzl339RG5EJ

UX
https://storm.torproject.org/shared/eknijNLoQdquePmP1uZrADmYrXDvI2pWc-F1oa_Z5ow

Tor Browser
https://storm.torproject.org/shared/WoXgKh9r6-1uMhz4Ln93tY-sITwoxM6gQfrwOG14SMN

I know the team is ending a contract and applying for a new proposal. So
'future' is unsure but we could at least list what is 'close from it'.

And most important, I would love Metrics to follow what other teams are
working on. I can see how Network team might affect you, but also I can
see how you might have ideas on how to help other teams e.g. metrics
related to user facing products usage like tor browser downloads.

Cheers,
Isabela