[anti-censorship-team] cdn.sstatic.net sometimes resolves to Cloudflare, since 2023-09-20 14:00

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Sat Sep 23 22:04:23 UTC 2023

On Wed, Sep 20, 2023 at 01:03:06PM -0600, David Fifield wrote:
> According to OONI measurements, the domain cdn.sstatic.net has started
> sometimes to resolve to a Cloudflare IP address, rather than a Fastly
> one. If a Snowflake client gets a Cloudflare IP address, their
> connection will fail

Thanks David and all. I saw the plans last week to shift to a new domain
front for Snowflake.

But I've been wondering: what domain front does Tor Browser use for
moat, for connect assist / 'circumvention settings', etc?

It's the same one right?

I have opened
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/42126
for the issue.