[anti-censorship-team] bridgedb+rdsys test setup

meskio meskio at torproject.org
Tue Feb 8 17:17:47 UTC 2022

For the last few months I've being working on integrating rdsys with bridgedb,
so bridges are managed by rdsys and bridgedb only does the distribution (https,
moat and email)[0]. There will not be any visible changes, but all the insides
are different.

Thanks to the TPA work now we have a testing setup of the new setup to test it.
If you want to test it I'll be happy to hear if you find any issues with it. As
this is distributing real bridges only people with accounts in TPO LDAP has
access to it.

How to access the different distributors:
* email. Just write an email to bridges-test at torproject.org from your
  @torproject.org email, and should get a reply with bridges.

* https. The web interface is available at https://bridges-test.torproject.org,
  but only reachable from people.torproject.org. You can make a ssh proxy:
$ ssh -D 9999 people.torproject.org
  and configure your browser to use a SOCKS proxy at localhost with port 9999.

* moat. This is reachable the same way that https only from
  people.torproject.org. Is a bit more complicated to test, but I will stress
  test it myself :) I wrote I simple script to do the moat captcha request and
  solution:
  https://gitlab.torproject.org/-/snippets/127
  It's run like:
$ MOAT_URL="https://bridges-test.torproject.org/moat" CURL_OPTIONS="--socks5 localhost:9999" ./test-moat